Monday, March 30, 2009

The Meridian Bike Jam

I woke on a relaxing sunny Sunday morning up and ready for a huge rampaging MERIDIAN KIDS BIKE JAM!
"Come on kids lets go" said Dad,Oh my god he was all ready.
Passed the airport,passed the mini train track,passed the vintage machinery museum,we were here at Mcleans Island and we were second there.
As the crowd started building up I started seeing different bikers from simple kids with helmets and sneakers to bike maniacs with full head helmets and padding all over their body.
Then Sam came "ya ready Johny!?"he said.
"Nine year olds and over please report to the start line"boomed the loud speaker,that was us.
Sam was right next to me and we were ready to go "GO!" we were off with a hiss and a roar.As we started making our way up the track I started pulling ahead of Sam, but he was caught in the slow pack, then I stopped I waited for Sam there he was, we were going to finish the race together.
Man when we finished our race we were really proud
Can't wait till next year.
by Johny

No comments:

Post a Comment