Sunday, May 3, 2009

Goldie's Soap Carving

On Friday the one and only Mr Kaukau came in and taught us
how to soap carve.
First we had a big talk about the Maoris, our ancestors and Nemo the fish!!
Next it was morning tea. After that we started to carve. Mine was looking really bad at the start. And by the way Matt's fell on the ground and broke in half.
Next it was morning tea. After that we started to carve. Mine was looking really bad at the start. And by the way Matt's fell on the ground and broke in half.
When we carved Mr Kaukau sang and we laughed as well. Next we had to carve  around the rain drop. That was hard!! 
Then we had to flatten the sides. That bit was fun. But as you could guess I was doing it wrong so I had to get some help. Next we had to us a C chisel to put the paua in. When I had chosen the to best pieces I put them in.  Then I carved my korus into my soap and that showed my brother and me.  That was another day with Mr Kaukau.
From Goldie

No comments:

Post a Comment